Rain Water Harvesting
Rain water harvesting is collection and storage of rain water that runs off from roof tops, parks, roads, open grounds, etc. This water run off can be either stored or recharged into the ground water. A rainwater harvesting systems consists of the following components:
- catchment from where water is captured and stored or recharged,
- conveyance system that carries the water harvested from the catchment to the storage/recharge zone,
- first flush that is used to flush out the first spell of rain,
- filter used to remove pollutants,
- storage tanks and/or various recharge structures.